Sausage Rolls with pumpkin seed meal
- 500g minced meat
- 1 small onion
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Seed meal
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- herbs: parsley, oregano, paprika
- salt & pepper
- puff pastry
- Combine the mince, onion, seed or nut flour, 1 egg, herbs, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Cut puff pastry sheets in half and form the mince mixture into long rolls with damp hands.
- Lay a roll of filling on the bottom third of each sheet and roll up as for sausage rolls.
- Using a sharp knife cut each roll into 6 even pieces and place on oven trays.
- Brush rolls with lightly beaten egg then score the tops twice.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden in 210°C oven on greased trays.
Recipe courtesy of Pepofarms